Monday, October 20, 2008

October in Yantai ...and the air is getting colder

Last week I took some time to go eat some sushi and see the coast from a different angle. I also took a trip around some parts of town I haven't visited or photographed yet. The coastline here is very photogenic, as is much of the newer and more developed parts of Yantai. The developing parts are less so.

I have so many pictures I don't know how to post them all. These are representative of what I have seen lately. The "wedding area of the beach," some new buildings downtown: apartments and offices, and an old fashioned gate to the park.

Real estate in China is privately owned, and can be purchased by foreigners after living in China for over a year. There is no property tax, but there is a purchase fee to the government, which is a very small percentage : 1% or less.

No comments: